If you’re are like me, then you scrape the last bit of peanut butter out with a butter knife. When there isn’t enough to make a sandwich or use for a snack.
Well as you know there is always some peanut butter remaining. It’s nearly impossible to scrape the jar completely clean. Then you are left with a jar that is too dirty to recycle or use for something else.
I know just trying to rinse it out doesn’t work the best. Well there’s a easier way to clean out the jar. Its not that complicated but Ill share it anyway. This way also uses less hot water than trying to rinse it continuously.
- Butter Knife
- Dish Soap
How To Clean Peanut Butter Jars? Here are the steps.
1. Use a butter knife to scrape out remaining peanut butter.
2. Pour in 2 – 3 drops of dish soap and a little salt.
3. Fill Jar halfway with hot water.
4. Put lid back on jar.
5. Shake the jar back and fourth.
6. Remove lid and pour out water.
7. Repeat or let soak in water for 15 mins.
8. Use hot water to rinse further down the drains afterwards.
The jar should be clean enough to recycle now. If you are going to reuse it then you may need to wipe the rest out with a paper towel. That or try soaking it for even longer, a few hours or overnight.
It is a good idea to run some hot water down the drain afterwards. This so the oils and fat get washed away and don’t build up.