The heritage black ceramic pizza stone was a gift I got for Christmas. This is my first pizza stone and so far it has been good.
My personal take on mine so far is that it seems to help the oven retain heat very well. Instead of having to continously maintain the heat by firing up the coils.
The oven takes the same time to preheat but will hold its heat very well. although the company says that the stone preheats faster than others.
The description on the box says to keep the stone in your oven. Which I have done.
Pizzas have turned out fine on the stone, the crust crisps up very nicely. The one issue so far is that I don’t have a pizza peel. I suggest getting one when using a pizza stone.
The stone is harder to remove from the oven, especially when its hot. There isn’t a lip to grab onto. So overall I give 3.5 stars, below is what I determined to be the good and bad qualities.
- Good brand with sense of humor.
- Heats evenly.
- Can be used for oven or grill.
- Comes with a nice pizza cutter.
- Did not require any preconditioning
- Black ceramic covering on one side.
- Makes cleaning the stone easier and reinforces the stone.
- Hard to grab and pick up.
- Didn’t come with much instructions (although its ready to use right out the box). I wish there was more information about it.
- Requires a good pizza peel (at least for me)
- Seems to be rough on the oven grates when sliding in.