This recipe can take your work lunch to the next level. I know it did for me, as I grew tired of making boring sandwiches.
Don’t get me wrong I do enjoy a good peanut butter sandwich just has much as the next guy. I like to make sandwiches to eat at work almost every day.
One day while grocery shopping I saw Dave’s killer bread bagels go on sale. I decided to incorporate them into my weekly work lunch menu.
inspired loosely by New York delis like Katz. I decided to get some pepperoncinis and mustard.
At the time I was going to use pepperonis but ended up getting salami instead. I still think you could use pepperonis for more of an Italian twist.
I’ve actually gotten a few compliments at work while eating this sandwich. It’s easy to make I don’t actually measure out the ingredients. But these measurements are pretty darn close.
so I think it’s a good sandwich that I’d like to share. Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I do.
please share this recipe on social media if you enjoy it yourself.
- Whole Grain Bagels, 1 bagel
- Hard Salami, 6 slices
- Roast Beef, 2 slices
- Lettuce and Herb Mix, 1/2 cup
- Peppercinis, 12 pieces
- Mustard, 1 Tsp
- Mayonnaise, 1 Tsp
- Pepperjack Cheese, 1 slice
- Open Bagel
- (First Layer) place 6 slices of hard salami
- (Second Layer) place 2 slices of roast beef
- (Third Layer) add lettuce and herb leafs
- (Fourth Layer) add peppercinis
- (Fifth Layer) Drip on mustard and mayonnaise
- (Sixth Layer) Lay one slice of pepperjack cheese down
- Place top of bagel down to complete sandwich.
- Store in a ziplock bag or container in fridge overnight, or enjoy right away.