These Instant Pot beer brats are easy to make. You can use any beer you like. I used regular Coors for this recipe. Make it a Irish version using Guinness or even a special flavored Craft Beer.
I recommend using regular or original bratwurst. Instead of using beer brats that are made with beer already. This will allow the beer you choose to give the sausage its flavor.
It is important to sear the sausages. I do this before pressure cooking so you don’t have to drain the liquid after. You can sear them first then pour in the beer.
These brats can be served in buns or sliced up. The ones I first tried are from Trader Joe’s. The sausages split on the end but I think its because of the casing.
They still tasted great but I am looking to perfect this recipe in the future.
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 5 Bratwurst (19 fl oz)
- Beer (12 oz)
- Turn on saute mode to normal
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to inner pot
- Wait for Instant Pot to heat up
- Sear sausages until brown (10 mins)
- Turn off Instant Pot
- Pour 12 FL oz of any beer into Instant Pot over sausages
- Turn pressure cook mode on high for 10 mins